A Brighter Future For All
We believe in integrating sustainability in all aspects of our business by continually seeking solutions to leaving a smaller footprint and improving the lives of communities across the globe. To achieve this, we are committed to setting high levels of environmental and social standards in all that we do.
IT'S ABOUT PEOPLE
Community is at our core. Family-owned since 1985, we are consciously engaged in a community-based ethics of empowerment and environmental care. That means we believe wholeheartedly in doing the right thing to respect the rights of everyone in our supply chain with integrity, openness, fairness and respect.
- Out of a belief that French Toast should "be for all," we’ve evolved our sizing to encompass 2T-Adult 5XL with slim and extended options for expanded inclusivity.
- Underprivileged and at-risk schools need our help. 1,000 at-risk students from kindergarten through third grade in Cleveland received school uniforms and school supplies throughout the year via The Classroom Guarantee Program.
- We’ve taken a hands-on approach to charitable causes, with proactive initiatives at public schools in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Indianapolis and New Jersey in addition to progressive opportunities for local volunteerism company-wide.
- Lifelong learning is woven into everything we make and do. Our peer-to-peer mentoring program inspires collaborative innovation and meaningful growth-opportunities for all of our employees.
- How kids live
- What they care about
- Who they are
- Who they want to be
IT'S ABOUT THE PLANET
We are inspired by children - who they are, who they want to be, how they live and what they care about. For their generation and generations to come, we are passionate about protecting the environment through sustainable practices.
- As members of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, we’re engaged in a groundbreaking industry collaboration aimed at improving environmental and social impacts at every step of the supply chain.
- From instituting bottle-less water coolers in our workspaces to implementing 100% recyclable hangtags on all French Toast items, we’re rethinking each facet of our process towards comprehensive sustainability.
- Next up? Starting in 2021, we will evolve our polybags as part of a process towards 100% recyclable materials, with more eco-conscious updates out of an understanding that no change is too small or too grand to embrace.
- Our product hangtags are printed on FSC-certified paper, the "gold standard" designation for wood harvested from forests that are responsibly managed, socially beneficial, environmentally conscious, and economically viable.
IT'S ABOUT POSITIVITY
Doing the right thing isn’t always easy but we believe it’s a hallmark of leadership. That’s why we’re integrating high standards of sustainability and social ethics into everything we make and do.
- Confidence is key. That’s why we’ve partnered with 25+ schools on our French Toast Perfect Attendance Program to create inspiring rewards for encouraging self-esteem.
- Be the change. Sustainability and diversity ethics start on day one of our onboarding for each French Toast team member, with guideposts and check-ins company-wide and career-spanning, regardless of role or level of experience.
- Seeking solutions is more than a good business practice. It’s a mindset merged into each step of our process. To that end, our Code of Sustainability Conduct now extends not only to our internal team but to our partners worldwide as well.